FULL Walkthrough of The Re-Delegation Process for Staking on Terra Station
made by: Fynn
Here is an intuitive walkthrough of the re-delegation process using Terra Station. Recently there has been a lot of talk about redelegations, who to delegate to, etc. Here is a simple guide:
Requirements to redelegate:
- Have a Terra Station Wallet
- Own Luna and have staked Luna
- Make sure you have gone through my previous article on which validator to choose so you know who you want to redelegate to. Link
Important info to know:
- DO NOT undelegate if you are interested in receiving airdrops and staking rewards. Many people think they have to “Undelegate” to be able to “Redelegate”, but that is not the case.
- Staked or “Delegated” Luna is subject to a 21-day lock-up period
- You can redelegate away from any validator at any time as long as not currently within 21 days of having made any new delegation to them
- You can redelegate AWAY FROM any validator multiple times, meaning that if I want to delegate different parts to different validators, I can.
- Open Terra Station.
2. Click the staking tab on the left side of your screen
3. Scroll down and find a validator you would like to redelegate to
4. Once you are on the validator, click “Delegate”.
5. Click on the Source drop-down menu
6. Select which delegation you would like to redelegate from
7. Enter the amount you would like to redelegate
8. Enter your Terra Station password to confirm and click “Redelegate”
That’s it. Done.
This Guide is for informational purposes only! Nothing here is financial advice. Always make sure to do your own research and be aware that anything you invest in is your choice and is at your own risk. Be aware.